Is my organization eligible for a grant?
Only “qualified donees’’, as determined by the Income Tax Act of Canada, are eligible for our grants. For the most part, this means federally registered charities and municipalities. Note: non-profit organizations (NPO) do not automatically qualify, please verify your organization’s status before submitting an application.
What is the best way to submit a proposal?
Please apply online.
Once a proposal has been submitted, how long is the decision-making process and is a follow-up necessary?
The decision-making process may take as long as six months, and no follow-up is necessary. If we need additional information, we will contact you.
What is the deadline for submitting a grant proposal?
We accept grant submissions year-round.
What is the average amount of a grant?
There is no pre-established amount for grants.
Does the foundation sponsor fundraising events such as dinners and galas?
We do not sponsor any fundraising events.
Is my project eligible?
Please refer to our grant guidelines to determine your eligibility.
We do not generally consider applications for the following:
- Annual campaigns;
- Reduction of annual deficits;
- Conferences, seminars, workshops, fundraising events, i.e. benefit dinners, golf tournaments, etc.;
- Publication of books and magazines, production of films, videos or other media;
- Travel or touring expenses;
- Annual operating funds or other recurring costs, unless directly linked to a project that meets our other granting priorities;
- Political activities;
- Religious purposes or activities;
- Emergency needs;
- Activities that primarily take place outside Canada.
Does the foundation favor certain fields of interest?
Our funding interests are within the areas of education, health, the arts and humanities.
How can I arrange to meet with someone to discuss an organization or project?
Visits to our offices are initiated by invitation only.